oc import-image fails

• oc import-image ibrows/herokuish
    # error: no image stream named "herokuish" exists, pass --confirm to create and import
    oc import-image "ibrows/herokuish" --confirm
    # Importing (ctrl+c to stop waiting) ...
    # error: unable to determine if the import completed successfully - please run 'oc describe -n backend-php imagestream/herokuish' to see if the tags were updated as expected: image stream watch ended prematurely
    oc describe -n backend-php imagestream/herokuish
    # Name:			herokuish
    # Created:		About a minute ago
    # Labels:			<none>
    # Annotations:		openshift.io/image.dockerRepositoryCheck=tag "latest" has not been set on repository "ibrows/herokuish"
    # Docker Pull Spec:	172.30.1.1:5000/backend-php/herokuish
    # 
    # Tag	Spec			Created	PullSpec	Image
    # latest	ibrows/herokuish		<not available>	<not available>

• APPUiO Staff

Thanks for the report, we'll look into this

• APPUiO Staff

@maennchen oc import-image is used to update metadata of external Docker images used by existing applications. To create a new application based on a pre-built Docker image use: oc new-app ibrows/herokuish. However such an image does not seem to be available on Dockerhub. Can you please explain what you are trying to do?

• it's in a private repository.

i have created a secret and tried to base a build on this image, but it doesn't seem to work.

what i've done:
    oc secrets new-dockercfg docker --docker-email='mail' --docker-password='password' --docker-username='username' --docker-server='https://index.docker.io/v1/'
    or
    oc secrets new docker .dockercfg=/path/to/.dockercfg
    then added it to the service accounts
    oc secrets add serviceaccount/builder secrets/docker --for=pull
    also added it to default which doesn't help either.

if i create a new app like:
    oc new-app private/image~https://github.com/path/to/project --strategy=docker --name=test
    everything seems to be built correctly (the pullSecret is added in the buildconfig)

i receive:

I0421 10:16:11.874270       1 source.go:189] Cloning source from https://github.com/path/to/project
    W0421 10:16:15.031422       1 source.go:63] Error getting git info: error invoking 'config --get remote.origin.url': exit status 1. Out: , Err: 
    W0421 10:16:15.119054       1 docker.go:196] Error getting git info: error invoking 'config --get remote.origin.url': exit status 1. Out: , Err: 
    Step 0 : FROM private/image
    Trying to pull repository registry.access.redhat.com/private/image ... not found
    Trying to pull repository docker.io/private/image ... not found
    F0421 10:16:19.736064       1 builder.go:185] Error: build error: Error: image private/image:latest not found

even editing the buildconfig and trying different pullSecret variations doesn't help

• btw:

deploying an app with private/image like @dani mentioned seems to pull the image correctly

4:36:59 PM image-1-khrrp Pod Pulled Successfully pulled image "private/image:latest"

• APPUiO Staff

@munzli said:
    Does your last comment mean that it's working now? Is private really the name of your private docker repository or did you anonymize that?

• @dani yep obfuscated

and wait for it... it seems that the building now worked

did you change anything?

• APPUiO Staff

@munzli No, we didn't change anything. How did you start the builds? Not all variants use the newest build config.

Looks like your connection to APPUiO Discussion and Help Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.